Translate selected or entered text
Help to translate typed text, selected text, the active page.
This extension uses Google Translate, Bing Translator, Yandex Translate, Promt Translator, Pragma Translator, Baidu Translator, Urban Dictionary or Babylon Translator and Dictionaries (optional).
How to translate text:
method 1: select required text on any web page and press on extension's button.
method 2: press on extension's button, enter required text in upper field and press "Translate"
How to translate web page:
method 1: load required web page, press on extension's button and click on "Translate active page '...'"
method 2: open preferences (right click on extension's button), choose "Default target language" and "Use Translate Toolbar" => each foreign web page will have hint to translate it.
- simple design. Can anybody offer better? :)
- Text-To-Speech limited by 100 characters. This is just additional feature, not text reader ;)
- Pragma translator do not support some languages and not always correctly autodetect source language.
If click on extension-button with yellow right part, selected text will translated automatically.
- new: back translation (require registration)
- new: context menu for future builds of Chrome
- new: support of sidebar in Opera Next
- new: Babylon Translator
- new: Baidu Translator
- new: setting to use Enter to translate
- new: preview support Edge browser
- new: Czech UI translation
- mod: translate toolabrs now support HTTPS pages
- mod: removed advisormedia module
- mod: show transcription for 1-2 words
- mod: use additional offline method to detect page language for translator toolbars
- mod: support AngularJS like pages for translator toolbars
- fix: Yandex Translate
- fix: detect Bing translator unsupported language
- fix: transcription for single word by Google Translator
- fix: use Google Speak of unsupported by Microsoft languages
- fix: setup popup minimum size as workaround for broken Opera development builds
- fix: Bing multiline strings
- fix: lost used language pair after using dictionaries
- fix: Ukranian UI translation