Translate selected or entered text
Help to translate typed text, selected text, the active page.
This extension uses Google Translate, Bing Translator, Yandex Translate, Promt Translator, Pragma Translator, Baidu Translator, Urban Dictionary or Babylon Translator and Dictionaries (optional).
How to translate text:
method 1: select required text on any web page and press on extension's button.
method 2: press on extension's button, enter required text in upper field and press "Translate"
How to translate web page:
method 1: load required web page, press on extension's button and click on "Translate active page '...'"
method 2: open preferences (right click on extension's button), choose "Default target language" and "Use Translate Toolbar" => each foreign web page will have hint to translate it.
- simple design. Can anybody offer better? :)
- Text-To-Speech limited by 100 characters. This is just additional feature, not text reader ;)
- Pragma translator do not support some languages and not always correctly autodetect source language.
If click on extension-button with yellow right part, selected text will translated automatically.
- new: personal dictionary (require registration)
- new: test support Japanese input method editor (IME) (require registration)
- new: test support Korean input method editor (IME) (require registration)
- new: use browser's TTS engine in some cases
- cng: translate sentences without registration
- fix: page language autodetection
- fix: loading some settings
- fix: Dictionaries by Babylon
- fix: Bing Translator with public keys