An integrated audio player that helps you transcribe audio with incredible ease. Works completely offline too.
***READ THIS FIRST***
There seems to be a Chrome Web Store bug that continues to list Transcribe as a free app. It's a paid app with a 7-day free trial.
***WHAT DOES IT DO?***
Transcribe makes transcription of audio clips/recordings a breeze. If you have been struggling by switching back and forth between your audio player and word processor - Transcribe will make life much simpler for you!
TheNextWeb: "If you ever have a need to transfer an audio recording into text format, you’ll likely love this little Chrome Web app... And it’s so incredibly simple to use... I used this app for the first time this week and, well, it was a godsend."
- Transcribe: An awesome audio-transcription Web app for Chrome (TheNextweb.com)
Journalism.co.uk: "If you record interviews and play them back later to transcribe them this is a must have app. It gets round the problem of playing audio in one application (such as iTunes) and then writing in a text document."
- Ten free apps in the Chrome web store that journalists should know about
Start SAVING your TIME with Transcribe. Features:
* Single key keyboard shortcuts - to pause, slow-down, speed-up, rewind or fast-forward the audio clip.
* Auto-saves your transcribed text with EVERY keystroke locally in your browser.
* Works completely offline - you don't need an Internet connection to use Transcribe! Just click on the Transcribe icon on the Chrome New Tab page anytime, and the Transcribe app will open.
* We don't store or process your audio clips on our server - everything happens locally on your browser. Your data is yours.
We would love to hear from you regarding any feedback/issues - email us: contact[at]wreally[dot]com
For updates, stay tuned to: twitter.com/wreallystudios
If you found Transcribe useful, please do rate us below - and let your friends and colleagues know!