Tranquility Reader improves the readability of web articles by removing unnecessary elements
Tranquility Reader improves the readability of web articles by removing unnecessary elements like ads, images, social share widgets, and more.
* Click the navigation-bar icon to transform the page on Desktop
* Compatible with NoScript
* Save content offline for reading later (the tranquility view is saved locally on your computer)
* Ability to export/import the offline content.
* Ability to customize default font, font-size, font color, background color, and width of the reading area (you can use https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp to pick a suitable color code—thanks to user JA for feedback on this!)
* Create and manage your own preset configuration of the various options/preferences
* Add/edit notes/annotations to portions of the offline content; collate annotations with context for a summary of all your notes and annotations.
* Unobtrusive menu at the bottom of the screen (displayed by clicking the (+) symbol on the bottom right corner of the screen) provides additional features
* Additional links are available through a "More Links" button in the menu at the bottom of the screen
* Left-clicking a link in Tranquility View will open the link in Tranquility View in the current tab
* Transform only a portion of the web page by highlighting the text and then running Tranquility (right-click context menu option - "Tranquilize Selection")
License & Copyright:
Tranquility is provided under GPLv3 license.
Copyright (C) 2012-2020 Arun Kunchithapatham
This extension does not collect or transmit any information to an external website. All processing and data storage is local to your browser.
Please send any feedback, bug reports, enhancement requests to the listed support website or leave a review with details in the comment section of this page.
Release Notes are available via the support website listed