Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™
NOTICE: Google is making it increasingly difficult to maintain and publish extensions in their webstore, and Facebook keeps trying to take the extension down, so I may stop updating in chrome at any time. I recommend using Firefox if you want continued support, and it's better for privacy in general.
"Facebook" and "FB" are registered trademarks of Facebook Inc. This extension is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Facebook.
Please report bugs at https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/issues
Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™.
Modified elements can optionally have a custom CSS style applied to them so that cleaned items can be more easily identified.
For links, the event listeners on the link and its parents are removed and/or disabled and a proper href is set.
For videos on mobile, all Facebook™ event-listeners and custom controls are removed, and the video is simplified into just the bare HTML5 video tag.
I don't, and never will, collect or send any data to myself or any third parties
Explanation of permissions:
- Access to facebook.com, messenger.com, and facebookwkhpilnemxj7asaniu7vnjjbiltxjqhye3mhbshg7kx5tfyd.onion is needed for main functionality, in order to work at all on those pages.
- Access to mgziminsky.gitlab.io, more specifically https://mgziminsky.gitlab.io/FacebookTrackingRemoval/*, is used to download blocking rules only. No data is sent, and nothing is tracked by me.
Project is completely open source, so you are welcome, and encouraged, to check the code yourself before installing.
- Renamed extension because FB sent a takedown
- Fix ad detection. Handle svg/aria trickery.
- Fix mention completion popup - closes #62
- Fix custom user rules under advanced options
- Fix feed breaking when "Hide method" set to "Remove"
- Remove marketplace sponsored
- Themed options
- Backend code improvements and changes
See https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/blob/master/CHANGELOG for full list