Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™
Please report bugs at https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/issues
NOTICE: Google is making it more and more a PITA to maintain and publish extensions in their webstore, so I may stop updating in chrome at any time. I recommend using Firefox if you want continued support, and it's better for privacy in general.
Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™.
Modified elements can optionally have a custom CSS style applied to them so that cleaned items can be more easily identified.
For links, the event listeners on the link and its parents are removed and/or disabled and a proper href is set.
For videos on mobile, all Facebook™ event-listeners and custom controls are removed, and the video is simplified into just the bare HTML5 video tag.
Explanation of permissions:
- Access to facebook.com, messenger.com, and facebookcorewwwi.onion is needed for main functionality, in order to work at all on those pages.
- Access to mgziminsky.gitlab.io, more specifically https://mgziminsky.gitlab.io/FacebookTrackingRemoval/*, is used to download blocking rules only. No data is sent, and nothing is tracked by me.
Project is completely open source, so you are welcome, and encouraged, to check the code yourself before installing.
- Internal link cleaning fixes and improvements
- Run properly on pages that are loaded in IFrames
- Fix processing that should happen at initial page load
- Fix page lockup caused by certain links containing a nested fbclid
- Use smart detection for Suggested Posts
- Better smart sponsored detection
- Works with new FB design
- Smarter sponsored post detection
- Big performance improvement
- Update default style to not break layout
See https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/blob/master/CHANGELOG for full list