Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™
NOTICE: Google is making it increasingly difficult to maintain and publish extensions in their webstore, so I may stop updating in chrome at any time. I recommend using Firefox if you want continued support, and it's better for privacy in general.
Please report bugs at https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/issues
Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™.
Modified elements can optionally have a custom CSS style applied to them so that cleaned items can be more easily identified.
For links, the event listeners on the link and its parents are removed and/or disabled and a proper href is set.
For videos on mobile, all Facebook™ event-listeners and custom controls are removed, and the video is simplified into just the bare HTML5 video tag.
I don't, and never will, collect or send any data to myself or any third parties
Explanation of permissions:
- Access to facebook.com, messenger.com, and facebookcorewwwi.onion is needed for main functionality, in order to work at all on those pages.
- Access to mgziminsky.gitlab.io, more specifically https://mgziminsky.gitlab.io/FacebookTrackingRemoval/*, is used to download blocking rules only. No data is sent, and nothing is tracked by me.
Project is completely open source, so you are welcome, and encouraged, to check the code yourself before installing.
- Don't block the heartbeat ping. FB disables things when it fails
- Fix some internal links not being cleaned
- Fix rules not updating
- Internal code improvements and cleanup
- Fix some navigation issues with internal link cleaning enabled - closes #44
See https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/blob/master/CHANGELOG for full list