Browse online without leaving a Trace, because who wants to be tracked?
An extension to stop multiple advanced tracking techniques employed by websites all over the web.
Trace can protect against:
- Canvas Fingerprinting
- Audio Fingerprinting (Advanced)
- JS Crypto Currency Mining
- WebRTC Leakage
- User-Agent Tracking (Advanced)
- Browser Plugin Fingerprinting (Advanced)
- Hardware Fingerprinting Protection (New!)
- Beacon Requests
- Bad Top Level Domains
- Hyperlink Auditing
- HTTP Referrer Headers (Updated!)
- Google Header Tracking
- E-Tag Tracking
- Screen Resolution Tracking (New!)
- Battery API (New!)
- Specific Tracking Cookies (New!)
- URL Tracking Parameters (New!)
There are also experimental features, such as Proxy IP Spoofing which work by attempting to trick the site you're visiting into thinking your computer is a proxy requesting on behalf of another client. This results in better privacy online due to a less consistent IP being supplied to 3rd parties.
A Changelog & Roadmap is available here:
Source code is available here:
Trace was made in my spare time as an extension to stop online tracking and give the user more control over browser features which may have been hard to find, or in other cases enabled with no option to disable. There is no team of developers behind Trace, I wrote it by myself with the honest intention of protecting privacy.