find definitions for Toki Pona words
A convenient way to look up words in the mini language Toki Pona. Now with new layout and features!
Highlight a word on a page and click the icon or type a word in directly. The extension shows the definition, sitelen pona, links to pronunciation and more!
Definitions are in multiple languages, which can be changed in the options.
NEW to V1.0:
- sitelen: See symbols for the word in the writing system sitelen pona. Click the symbol to flip through alternate glyphs and sitelen emosi (emoji) versions of the word.
- book appearance/status: The official book status is displayed for each word (pu, ku suli, ku lili)
- audio pronunciation: Click the audio symbol to listen to the word. Audio is available from two speakers for most words. You can set your preferred speaker in the options.
- see more: clicking here will open the word's page on lipu Linku. See other details including notes, etymology, and more.
- added a button to open options direct from the popup
All word data displayed is from lipu Linku, a curated community dataset of words. Check it out: https://lipu-linku.github.io/
Other resources used include
- sitelen pona font "sitelen seli kiwen" by jan Lepeka: http://www.kreativekorp.com/software/fonts/sitelenselikiwen/
- Google Material Symbols