ToggleLink: Converts the link to text for copy, select or highlight of link text. Toggles the link and helps you select link text.
Have you ever tried to select some text from a link? How cumbersome and annoying it is? Very much !!!
What you would normally do is carefully put the cursor at the beginning or end of link, click and slowly drag until the wanted text. Then you would paste the copied text somewhere and delete words you don't want to. What a crap! isn't it?
Now, with this chrome extension, it's easy and snappy. All you need to do is press shift key while hovering the link. You will only see the text and can click anywhere to select a part or whole link text. It will change back to original form after five seconds of pressing shift key or selecting 'ToggleLink' in right click option.
1. Just put your mouse cursor over the link. Don't click the link.
2. Press 'Shift' key. You don't need to hold it. Just press shift key and leave it.
2. Right click and select 'ToggleLink'
3. Now your link is converted to Text only.
4. You can copy/highlight/double-click some or all of the link text.
5. After five seconds, the original link will be back to normal
Version 1.1 now includes context menu so that you can right click and select 'ToggleLink' for easy conversion of link to text.
Please add your comments and suggestions.
Also don't forget to install highly useful clipboard extension, Smart Clipboard :