Toggle Google Analytics Tracking and opt-out of Google Optimize experiments. Toggle on and off by clicking the icon.
What does Toggle Google Analytics Tracking do?
- Stops you from being opted into any Google Optimize experiments (although previews will still work).
- Enable and disable Google Analytics tracking.
- If tracking if enabled, a reminder notification is displayed once a day.
Ideal for the following people…
- For website owners, CRO consultants, and SEO agencies to exclude themselves from Analytics data without the hassle filtering their IP address or creating custom dimension.
- For A/B engineers who create experiment so they always see the control version of a page.
- No information is sent to or from the extensions. Google Analytics has a neat little script that can be prepended to the top of web pages to tell them you’re opting out of tracking.
Useful things to know
- When starting an experiment you may receive a message to “Check installation”. The “check installation” feature takes place in your browser. When the extension is enabled you have been opted out of Google Analytics and Google Optimize interprets as the Analytics property missing from the website. You can ignore this message.