Search for any song using the tinysong.com database and get the shortened urls to post. Songs play on Grooveshark.
Updated: September 4th 2013!
This Tinysong Google chrome extension allows you to search the tinysong/grooveshark database by artist name, song ... anything really, and it returns the most relevant result to you along with a url that you can either cut and paste to twitter or actually click through and rock to on Grooveshark.
I built this because I've always wanted a Tinysong Google Chrome Extension.
I use tinysong.com to post links to twitter all the time, but I hate going to the page and getting the link to post, so I wrote this for music junkies who want to quickly find a song they've just heard about or post a short url to one they've been rocking to
[Changes so far]
v2.0.0 - 09/04/13
- updated to work with Chrome Manifest version 2. small bugfixes
v1.21 - 03/24/11
- Added Api Key to get extension working again. Thumbs down to Grooveshark for requiring one without letting anybody know.
- Added ability to copy links to clipboard with one click in the extension
- Remembers urls you've saved/faved and highlights them when they show up in your search results again
- Recently Saved now gives you the option to click through and see ALL your saved items
- Created faves page so you can see all your listings in one place, will add pagination when someone complains about it :P
- Unfaving an item on the 'Recently Saved' section or faves page will fade it out from view. Thought it'd be a good idea to give the user some visual feedback on their UI action.
- minor edit to make sure the extension doesn't have access to your browsing history
- fixed minor bug
- Allows you to save/bookmark songs for future reference, so you don't have keep running the same search over and over. Just click on the yellow star again to unsave an item
- Allows you to see read the TinySong FAQ page without leaving the extension
- Changed the layout of results
- Saves your last search so you can repeat with a single mouse click
- Selects your search term after a search so you can immediately run another search without reaching for the mouse
- Returns your result and allows you to fetch more (+ more link) if you need