This is the official TinEye Chrome extension. Find out where an image came from, how it's used, or find higher resolution versions.
This is the only official TinEye extension for Chrome developed by the TinEye team.
TinEye is a reverse image search engine that allows you to search by image. TinEye uses image identification technology, not keywords: when you upload an image to TinEye, TinEye creates a unique and compact digital signature or 'fingerprint' for it, then compares this fingerprint to every other image in the TinEye index to find matches. TinEye does not typically find similar images; it finds exact matches including those that have been cropped, edited or resized. If you have never used TinEye, check out our tutorial: https://tineye.com/how
TinEye is perfect for:
* Image verification: find out if a news photo is really what it claims to be, or if that dating profile is a scammer using someone else’s headshot
* Image attribution: track the original source and ownership of an image
* Image licensing: see if an image is available from stock image websites to be licensed
TinEye Terms and Conditions: https://tineye.com/terms
How to use this extension
To use the extension, right-click on any web image and select Search image on TinEye from the context menu. Results are displayed for you at tineye.com.
To set extension preferences click on the TinEye icon on your address bar and select "Options", or find TinEye Reverse Image Search in the list of your installed extensions, choose "Details," and then click on "Extension options." From here you can:
* Set sort order preference
* Open searches in background, foreground or current tab
- Remove unneeded permissions
- Improve handling of too-long URIs
- Improve tab handling for compatibility with other extensions
- Merge extension code across browsers
- Removing "Search Page" option because this feature is deprecated
- Switching how preferences are stored, so cookies will not affect them.
- Searches will now hit https://tineye.com for privacy and to correctly handle searches for users already logged into a TinEye.com account.
- New background and foreground tabs will appear next to the current active tab.
- Added activeTab permission so no warning messages appear during installation of TinEye Reverse Image Search extension.
- Added "Newest" and "Oldest" sort orders to option page. For more information, see https://tineye.com/faq#crawl_date_sort.
- Updated extension to conform to new manifest version changes.
- Fixed bug where only the first search would work.