Easily add a timestamp of the current date to form fields!
Easily timestamp (most) form input fields.
* Right-click an editable field and select "Timestamp it!" from the context menu or
* Press Ctrl+Y
* You can set the format in the Options page. IT's not pretty, but it seems to do its job.
The default timestamp format is YY-MM-DD hh:mm.
NOTE: If you install this extension with a number of already open tabs in Chrome, you will have to reload the page of each tab before you can use Timestamp it! properly. However, new tabs and windows should work as expected.
NOTE 2: When you install this extension you will be asked to allow it to "Access all your data on all websites" and "Access your tabs and browsing activity".
The first one is in order for the extension to create a context (right-click menu) item.
The other one is in order to actually be able to interact with the page.
I want to emphasize there is no harvesting of information or logging going on when using this extension.
* Added options page
* Now requires at least Chrome 20
* Changed the key binding to Ctrl+Y to minimize wonkines when timestamping
* And now version 1.4 actually works as well.... Sorry for the inconvenience.
* Message passing now conforms to Google standards
* Added keyboard shortcut