The most comprehensive World History Atlas on the internet. Easily navigate to any time and place in history.
The World History TimeMap contains over 660 history maps and 1,000 pages of high-quality supporting narrative, wrapped up in a unique interface that creates a framework for world history.
Use it to:
- See how an area of land changed from 3,500 BC right up to the modern day, on 3 different zoom levels of map and detail of historical narrative.
- Put a geographical context on any history topic.
- Place a set of people, circumstances or events in its correct chronological sequence.
- Easily compare and contrast the world and different time periods or in different places.
- Easily grasp the "big picture" of history
- Drill down to view of snapshot of any nation, civilization or empire to understand what these places were like.
- Make meaningful connections between places ,events and circumstances.
- Visualise the multiple origins of events.
- Look at specific " historical themes" and see how they weave their way through the mesh of history.
- Get into the byways and niches that don't get as much mainstream attention.
This is an ideal resource to gain an overview of world history. It's highly visual interface and unique way of pulling everything together make it a great companion to any piece of reading.
On top of that we offer support materials to history teachers with many lesson plans to use alongside it.
Use on mobile device with buttons designed to easily navigate. More updates for mobile due.
"Good job on this amazing site. It's very hard finding well-researched, up-to-date and detailed maps that cover a large breadth of human History. I have searched various book-stores for something like this, and now I found it here. Not to mention, for free." Lucas
"Your project is amazing and provides the necessary concrete, contextual, view that is so lacking in other History sites. Thank you, and good luck" Patricia
"TimeMaps is a fabulous, simply fabulous addition to our History lessons!!" Heidi, USA
"Superb concept and execution", Chris, UK
"I just discovered this site ... it is amazing !! I was able to plug it in to my school curriculum with in 20 minutes.
Thank you very much." Kira, USA