Discover 'thought triggers' to help you search and find relationships of information.
thoughtQ® Education Edition for Chrome™ is ONLY FOR STAFF AND STUDENTS OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS WITH A THOUGHTQ LICENSE. If you do not have a license, you will not be able to run the product.
For information on obtaining a license please contact:
250 The Esplanade #308
Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 1J2
Toll-free from USA or Canada: 1-844-379-6737
*** Work faster and easier.
thoughtQ helps you gather information for your essays and reports with less effort and in less time, while gaining greater knowledge.
Search the Web for information like an expert!
*** Expand your thinking.
‘Thought triggers’ are listed in response to a keyword or phrase. These are words that others have used when writing about a topic of interest to you.
Any of thoughtQ’s topic words/phrases are equally likely to be of interest. There is no ordering involved in the list (other than alphabetical) and you determine the words/phrases to explore. You can control the degree of topical uniqueness of words, which is often reflected in the reading level. Common words tend to be for lower-level writers, while more unique words are for higher-level writers.
By design, thoughtQ offers no single best answer. How specific can you be without already being an expert in the topic area? And even if you knew a subject in-depth and could search with a very specific phrase, would you find out what you didn’t know, which in fact, may be of great importance?
Click one or more topic words/phrases to perform a refined web search using Google™ Custom Search. For example, ‘ice cream’ generates ‘Missouri’ as a topic word – a seemingly strange suggestion for people living outside Missouri. Choosing that word will quickly lead you to a web page where you learn that the St. Louis, Missouri is home of the first ice cream cone!
It is often the serendipity of finding relationships within information that is of greatest value. Too often, conventional searching requires a great deal of reading to find relationships that may be lost in a clutter of text and advertisements.
- One-time purchase allows use of thoughtQ on all your computers with your personal Google Account
- WordQ® word prediction technology to help spelling and suggesting next search word
- Adjustable uniqueness of topic words
- Safe-search using Google Custom Search™
- Speech feedback within search, word prediction and topic word list
- Speech reading within web pages
- Tabbed web pages
- Uncluttered reading view
- Embedded link to Google Docs™ for note-taking
- Print web pages (locally and to your Google Drive™)
- Collect and copy web page URLs with search paths
- Copy topic word list
- Synchronize settings, search and web pages across computers with your personal Google Account
- Automatic updates
- Latest release of Google Chrome OS on Chromebooks (or other Chrome packaged App supported environment(s))
After you download thoughtQ once from the Chrome Store (about 3 – 5 minutes) it will automatically be installed and visible in the Chrome App Launcher. The first time that you launch thoughtQ, it will take longer than subsequent launches.
When you open a Chrome browser on another machine and sign-in using your gmail account, thoughtQ will automatically install in the background. Please be patient. This may take several minutes. Once installed, it will always be available. All of your thoughtQ settings are synchronized across machines as long as your Chrome settings: Advanced Sync Settings include synchronizing of Apps, Extensions, and Settings.
- Google for Chrome™ packaged Apps do not support Chrome™ browser extensions.
- Web searches require an online connection while thoughtQ topic word suggestions are offline.
*** Technical Support
Toll-free (US and Canada): 1-844-379-6737
Direct and International: 416-698-0111