A text editor for Chrome OS and Chrome.
Text.app is a simple text editor for Chrome OS and Chrome. It's fast, lets you open multiple files at once, has syntax highlighting, and saves to Google Drive on Chrome OS.
- Fixed performance of "Find" feature
- Fix cursor type when hovering
- Fix showing drop location when dragging text
- Increase undo history size
- Upgraded the editor from CodeMirror v5.39.0 to v6
- Updated all of the file type handlers. Syntax highlighting will look different for some files
- Deleted Screen reader mode because CodeMirror 6 has better screen reader support
- Make Find's Previous result and Next result buttons only appear when there are search results
- Added a link showing the keyboard shortcuts (in Settings)
- Improved keyboard navigation in the menu
- Fixed a bug affecting some keyboard shortcuts when caps lock is on
- Improved the contrast of line numbers and file name text
- Added languages: English (United Kingdom), Spanish (Latin America)
- Fixed emoji handling for multicharacter emojis
- Refreshed App Icons
- Added screenreader mode to settings. Flipping this on turns off syntax highlighting, smart tab, line numbers and various other visual settings but greatly improves screenreader behavior.
- Removed option to turn on analytics, removed all analytics code.
- Added support for files with "xht", "xhtm" and "xhtml" extensions.
- Removed behavior where doing control + s while caps lock was on would trigger a save as operation instead of a save operation.
- Added langauge support for Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Reverted support for kiosk mode due to bugs it introduced
- Support for kiosk mode
- Improved screen reader support
- Disabled zoom shortcut ctrl+scroll
- Support for opening .eml extension files
- Language support added for: da, de, en-GB, es, es-419, fi, fr, fr-CA, it, ja, ko, nl, no, pl, ru, sv
- Dark theme header bar styling changes
- Transition animations added
- UI Update Material Design
- Add warning for unsaved progress on close using shortcut
- Bug fix: translated messages not working
- Bug fix: fail to focus already open window on launch
- Other minor bug fixes
- Bug fix: scroll jumping back
- Bug fix and metrics
- Fix bug: Save As from app close warning not working
- Warn for unsaved tabs on app close
- Fix right click deselects text bug
- Fix build errors
- Mimic Sublime default Tab behaviour
- Chinese translation by @LarkinZero
- Portugese translation by @sergiois
- Bug fixes.
- Bug fixes
- Fix syntax highlighting in Monokai.
- Add Ctrl-Shift-W shortcut to close window.
- Shows how many matching search results.
- Remove old implementation of autosave feature.
- Fix keyboard navigation in confirmation dialog.
- Use newer version of CodeMirror library.
- Suggest 'txt' extension for the newly created files.
- Display 'Loading...' notification when loading a file.
- Switch to the previous tab using Ctrl-Shift-Tab.
- Reopen files on startup.
- Suggest the filename for new files.
- Show file path when hovering on tab name.
- Bug fixes.
- Switch from Ace to CodeMirror editor component.
- Make left panel resizable and remember the state.
- Report errors while saving file.
- Add an option to translate tabs to spaces.
- Underscore the matching bracket.
- Add an option to turn on/off smart indentation.
- Fixed several bugs.
- Fixed a saving bug for M-30 canary.
- Bug fixes and UI tweaks
- Rolled a new version of the underlying code editor
- No longer matching to *.* file extensions on Chrome OS
- Visual tweaks to title bar
- Bug fixes
- Change font size with Ctrl-+ / Ctrl--
- Add an option to switch line numbers on/off.
- Change shortcut for opening sidebar from Ctrl-Space to Alt-Space.
- Disable autosave until the relevant issue in Chrome is resolved.