Quickly and easily copies info on the current page using a simple and unique template system
Provides quick and easy access to lots of information about the current page and environment;
tab title and URL (all the way down to the protocol used), shortened URL, meta information, screen and page dimensions, browser information, cookies, plugins, formatted date & time, operating system, geographic location, referrering page, colour depth, current selection, markdown formatting, statistics, scripts, and style sheets
Just to name a few...
Better yet, using a unique template system it allows users to easily create their own templates making the possibilities endless and includes a built-in step-by-step guide to help you write your own. These predefined templates are also provided to help you get started;
* URL - Copies the URL of the current tab
* Short - Copies the shortened URL (using any of the supported services)
* Anchor - Copies an HTML anchor tag with the URL and the tab's title
* Encoded - Copies the encoded URL (to be safely added directly in to an HTTP query)
* Markdown - Copies a Markdown inline link with the URL and the tab's title
* BBCode - Copies a BBCode URL tag with the URL and the tab's title
* Selection in Markdown - Copies the current selection on the page as Markdown
So with a click of a button you can add all this information directly to your system clipboard without any formatting. This saves you so much time with those tedious tasks and it's certainly any testers best friend.
With support for keyboard shortcuts and context (right-click) menus access to your favourite templates is even quicker and they are all easily manageable thanks to Template's unique and simple options page.
# URL Shorteners
The following URL shortener services are supported;
* bit.ly - Link to your bit.ly account to allow tracking on your timeline
* goo.gl - Login to your Google account to allow tracking on goo.gl
* YOURLS - Link to any custom YOURLS installations
Some features may not work on Chrome Web Store or internal browser pages due to Google's design. Please try it on another site before reporting any issues. You may need to restart Chrome to make it work fully.
A complete archive of changes included in previous version can be found below;
# Help Desk
If you have any problems with this extension or would like to give us your feedback you can do so here;
For those of you that worry about these things I have constructed a breakdown of what permissions are used by this extension (even those you aren't warned about) and why;
# Open Source
This extension is open source and can be found on GitHub below;