Grade Importer and Exporter for Frontline Education SIS (TEAMS) Gradebook!
Teacher Tools enables you to import student grades in bulk from an online Learning Management Systems, such as Canvas, or from a spreadsheet.
For tutorials and other information please visit www.shafferware.com/teachertools
Concerned about student data privacy? So are we.
Use of Teacher Tools requires your consent to the full terms and conditions located at https://www.shafferware.com/legal
Note: Are you in Waco ISD? You need this version:
• Updated valid grade values for a specific school district
• Added option to not import blank cells from the spreadsheet. This will prevent existing grades from being overwritten
• Added support for Schoology gradebook export files
• Added custom conversion to "X", "M", and "INC" grade values for Arlington ISD.
• Added notification when invalid file is imported
• Fixed a bug where duplicated student IDs message could appear as blank
• Fixed a bug where assignment names containing dates were displayed as numbers and not detected correctly
• Redesigned Extension Browser Menu
• Added Copy Roster button to Gradebook view
• Added Copy and Export Roster button to Take Multiple Days Attendance view for Austin ISD
• Updated Export and Copy button interactions
• Support for more text grade values (INC, EXE, NG, and more!)
• Support for one decimal place in grades above 1. Grades between 0-1 and rounded to 0 or 1.
• Native support for iXL Score Grid Gradebook View export reports
• Export Roster to Excel and Copy Roster to Clipboard functions now appear more reliably
• Added Export Roster to Excel and Copy Roster to Clipboard functions to Class Roster Page
• Added support for grade values of "Missing", "Excused", and "Incomplete" to aid in importing grades from Schoology
• Added support for grade value of "N/A" produced in some instances by Canvas (interpreted as a blank)
• Added notifications for invalid grade values: Negative numbers, too large of values, or invalid text values.
• Fixed bug when importing Canvas files to only remove parentheses when they contain a purely numeric value (To remove the auto-generated Canvas Assignment ID appended in parentheses).
• Removed support for importing assignment with names containing "<" and ">" to protect from malicious attacks.
• Renamed "ferpa()" function to "TTferpa();" to mask student names and IDs
• Re-implemented support for all school districts using the Teams gradebook.
• Added automatic page-load on new install
• Implemented custom JQuery Dialog boxes to allow more text than browser Alert and Confirm commands
• Removed logic for detecting "Pass" and "Incomplete" from Version 0.2.4 as it was only needed for Spring 2020.
• Added "ferpa()" console function to hide student names and IDs to assist with remote troubleshooting while respecting student data privacy.
• Added Google Analytics for anonymous user interaction data collection
• Added Paypal Donation link to extension popup menu
• Migrated Help documentation to www.shafferware.com/teachertools
• Updated support for detecting "Pass" versus "Incomplete" designations. Now highlights "Passing" with green, "Incomplete" with yellow, and invalid "Incomplete" entries as red.
• Added support for detecting incorrect "Pass" versus "Incomplete" designations on the Report Card tab due to new grading policy as of May 27, 2020.
• Added support for accessing Teams from either the "cloud" or the "portal" in Austin ISD.
• Removed the permissions for the extension to work in any school district. This caused users to need to accept too broad of permissions. [*.* is unacceptable. A new solution is being developed to support multiple school districts]
• Updated User Interface to streamline appearance.
• Added feature to track the grade importing progress.
• Dimmed and disabled buttons to prevent accidental clicking during the importing process.
• Updated User Interface.
• Added compatibility and access for all school districts [This added URL pattern matching for *.* ]
If you find Teacher Tools useful, consider contributing to show your support!