Talk to ChatGPT through your microphone and hear its responses with a voice. Uses speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies
(NOW WITH ELEVENLABS TEXT-TO-SPEECH SUPPORT!) This is the official "Talk to ChatGPT" extension based on the open-source project. Talk to ChatGPT through your microphone and hear its responses with a voice. This uses speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies from Google Chrome.
To use it, you need to open the ChatGPT home page. A box will appear at the top right corner of the page - click the START button to start.
This extension supports all voice recognition and text-to-speech languages from the Google Chrome API, which means all major languages are supported.
This is a fun/experimental project that adds functionality to the default ChatGPT text-only interface. It is completely free of charge and open source. The sources are available on Github.
The extension adds a little box at the top right corner of your screen where you can toggle voice recognition on or off, the bot's voice (text to speech), skip the current message, and access the settings menu.
Version 2.6.0 - April 29th, 2023 (pending beta testing)
- New: ElevenLabs API support - create your own voices!
- Updated: beep tone at the start instead of saying 'OK', so as to avoid consuming ElevenLabs quota
- Fixed: stability improvements
Version 2.5.0 - April 25th, 2023
- New: beep tones when pausing and unpausing (#83)
- Updated: the pause word will work even when spoken twice instead of once, to tackle issue with the speech recognition API
- Updated: settings menu divided into sections
- Fixed: forbid punctuation in voice commands as they may break settings storage
- Fixed: text-to-speech sometimes wouldn't work when 'skip code blocks' option was enabled due to jQuery issue
Version 2.4.0 - Aril 24th, 2023
- New: the widget can be dragged around
- Fixed: issue with jQuery being unable to read message contents and speak out loud