Talk to ChatGPT through your microphone and hear its responses with a voice. Uses speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies
Talk to ChatGPT through your microphone and hear its responses with a voice. You no longer need a keyboard to interact with ChatGPT! It is completely free of charge and open source.
To use it, open the ChatGPT home page. A box will appear at the top right corner of the page - click the START button to start. You may want to adjust the settings too: language, speed, pitch...
This extension supports all voice recognition and text-to-speech languages from the Google Chrome API, which means all major languages are supported. You can also use the ElevenLabs API to get access to an infinity of voices for ChatGPT.
The extension adds a little box at the top right corner of your screen where you can toggle voice recognition on or off, the bot's voice (text to speech), skip the current message, and access the settings menu.
Version 2.9.0 - December 3rd, 2023
- New: added Azure Text-To-Speech (#210) Full credits: lout33
- Updated: ElevenLabs - added eleven_english_sts_v2 and eleven_turbo_v2 models
- Fixed: ElevenLabs - cloned voices can be used with all models (#200)
Version 2.8.1 - October 9th, 2023
- Fixed: conflict with OpenAI's new image upload functionality (#189)
Version 2.8.0 - September 30th, 2023
- Updated: more compact widget (#186)
- Updated: lot of code refactoring and cleanup (credit: PxPerfectMike)
Version 2.7.2 - September 23rd, 2023
- New: added an option to prevent the text-to-speech engine from reading emojis (#166) Credit: PxPerfectMike
- Updated: added a note in the voice command setting area to remind users that voice control only works when the microphone is active
- Fixed: red bar indicating microphone activity didn't activate after a pause or complete stop