Inject GTM container tags into web pages in Chrome.
* 2019 UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE ! :
- Rename the dataLayer
- Auto remove whitespace from form fields
- New UI
* TAG MANAGER INJECTOR v3 *
TMI is a free tool enabling you to inject your Google Tag Manager™ container snippet onto any page of any site without the need for code changes!
All you need is your GTM™ container ID.
This will be useful if you...
- are considering using GTM™ as a tag management system and would like a test drive without actually deploying the GTM™ container on your site.
- have a long wait for the snippet to be implemented and would like to pre-configure your container ready for when this change happens.
TMI will allow GTM's™ preview and debug mode to function as normal, allowing you to fully configure and test your container prior to releasing the container snippet.
* USER GUIDE *
- Add the extension to Chrome and ensure that TMI is listed in your Extensions and enabled here... chrome://extensions/
- Click the icon in your Chrome interface and enter your GTM™ container ID in the format GTM-123456
- Refresh any tab to see your container injected
The container snippet is now active on any site you visit within that browser session.
- To stop the container from being injected, simply click the TMI icon again in Chrome and select DEACTIVATE
- You can restrict TMI to injecting GTM™ on certain domains using an exact and regular expression match.
- You can also push variables to the data layer prior to the container loading to test ecommerce implementations and other taxonomy.
* CHANGE LOG *
version 3.5 (21/06/2019)
- Added ability to rename the dataLayer
version 3.3 (21/06/2019)
- Accidental whitespace automatically removed from GTM container ID
version 3.2 (18/06/2019)
Fixes - version 3.1 (30/06/2016)
- exclude_matches added to manifest to block on tagmanager.google.com
This is a workaround for the container import button bug
version 3.0 (11/01/2016):
- Define dataLayer variables before the container is loaded
Fixes - version 2.2 (unknown):
- Various bug fixes
- TMI disabled on tagmanager.google.com by default
version 2.1 (14/10/2015):
- Hostname include filter
- GTM container ID and expression is retained when the injector is deactivated to avoid re-entry
* HELP AND SUPPORT *
Please send any queries or feature requests to email@example.com