Unleash all the power of your computer by optimizing the browser performace!
Optimize your computer performance, freeing up resources you aren't using.
A lightweight extension to reduce chrome's memory usage.
Perfect if you have a lot of tabs open at the same time.
Tabs that have not been viewed after a configurable length of time will be automagically suspended in the background, freeing up the memory and CPU being consumed by that tab.
- Whitelist specific urls or domains that you do not want to suspend
- Optionally show screen capture of tab before it was suspended
- Vastly improves performance when restarting chrome with a large number of open tabs
- Detects tabs playing audio and can prevent them from suspending
- Detects tabs that contain forms with user input and can prevent them from suspending
- Configurable behavior when browsing offline or on battery power
- Built from open source code for full transparency
This extension requests the following permissions:
- Read and change all your data on the websites that you visit. This is necessary to detect tabs that contain unsaved form input. This enables the extension to prevent these tabs from suspending automatically.
- Read and change your browsing history. This is necessary to keep the extension from creating redundant items in the users history when suspending tabs.