Creates an expandable Table-of-Contents on ANY web-page with headings
== Starting ==
The extension's icon toggles the Table-of-Contents (ToC) of the current tab.
== Attributes ==
1) Makes much more easier the READING of ANY web-page with many headings like scientific-papers, law, spec, help, etc files, because creates their outline.
2) The Table-of-Contents is an EXPANDABLE-tree which helps navigating it.
3) TWO-WAY communication between ToC and webpage. By hovering a piece of text on the page, highlights in the toc-tree its position (with some exceptions!!!) and expands only its parent-nodes. Thus, we have the BIG-PICTURE of what we are reading.
4) You can change the WIDTH of ToC or webpage.
== Code ==
* Licence: GPL, MIT.
* Source-code: TableOfContents--git-repository @ GitHub
* WEB-PAGE of source-code|extension:
== Evolution ==
* My html5.id.toc.preview format (http://synagonism.net/hitp/) creates a ToC on ANY browser.
* In 2010, I published my JAVA open-source HtmlMgr program (http://htmlmgr.sourceforge.net/) where I propose, for the first time, how we can create webpages that anyone can refer to any part of them and we can read easily.
== Acknowledgement ==
Many thanks to those I have studied their codes:
1) HTML5 Outliner by Dominykas Blyžė. I used his implementation of html5-outline-algorithm.
2) http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/ for the expandable-tree code.
3) EasyReader extension of Anton Johansson
4) Chrome Outliner by genki.gthp.net.
5) jQery-Splitter, Dave Methvin, http://methvin.com/splitter/