Save and restore window sessions over time and across multiple computers.
Tab Cloud allows you to save any window session and restore it at a later date or on another computer. Effectively allowing you to sync open tabs between multiple computers.
To use you simply click the TabCloud icon on the menu, you will then see your current open windows and previously saved windows, you can save open windows, or restore saved ones. You can also delete previously saved windows.
- Middle (or ctrl) clicking any tab icon opens just that tab.
- Clicking on an open tab icon jumps to that tab in a browser.
- Dragging a tab icon allows you to move tabs between windows, including to and from saved windows that are not currently open.
- Secure login using your Google account, with the option to logout on the TabCloud menu.
- Click on any windows name to rename at any time.
Firefox Extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/268255/
iPhone/iPad webapp: http://bit.ly/erA5od (open on the phone and press + button to add to home screen)
Planned future features
- Realtime synchronisation and auto saving
- Some kind of passphrase/PIN based security/encryption
- Optionally use bookmarks to save tabs instead of external service
- Overwrite previously saved windows to update them
- Hold shift to copy tabs or open them in the background
- Export / Import
- Sharing of some form (yet to be decided, comment if you have ideas)
If you want to use an extension with more features right now I recommend you try out OxyChrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mhbpdpdhlphdadlbohghnncgdlbfbdho
Open source and available from http://github.com/Connorhd/TabCloud
Questions, ideas, feedback?
Find me @Connorhd on twitter: http://twitter.com/Connorhd
Or post on http://chrometabcloud.appspot.com/
Keywords: tabs, tab, management, sync, synchronise, session, save, restore, synchronize