tabbr is a search engine for easier tab navigation, kind of like spotlight for tabs.
Navigating to a tab slows down with a large number of tabs open. tabbr solves this by jumping directly to the tab you want through a search.
- Start a search with Ctrl+T (OSX) or Alt+T (Windows/Linux/ChromeOS).
- Search for a tab based on tab title, content, and url. If you don't remember what the title of the tab was, but you can still search for it by keywords in the content of the tab.
- Smart ranking. Tabbr will rank which tab is the most relevant by a number of factors based on last access time, previous usage, keyword relevancy, etc.
- Typos are not a problem. For instance, "chroem" will still match to "chrome".
- Jump to last tab by immediately hitting enter after opening tabbr.
- Close groups of tabs based on a search. Search for "stack" and hit Ctrl+d to close all StackOverflow tabs.
- Preview tabs. A snapshot of the tab is displayed on the side.
tabbr is currently in beta.