Quickly navigate to a new URL based on active tab
This extension lets you quickly navigate to a new URL using the current tab URL as a parameter.
Action popup is by default bound to Alt-R.
If you are in Chrome, you can set keyboard shortcut to open the action popup in chrome://extensions. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303384 for status of this feature in Firefox.
If you are in Firefox and you want tabs opened from this extension to be able to close itself (e.g. Pinboard page to add bookmark), set dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows to true in about:config.
Keyboard navigation in action popup:
- Enter in the filter field jumps to the first match.
- Enter (or primary mouse button) on a match opens the URL in current or new foreground tab depending on the item configuration.
- Shift-Enter (or middle mouse button) on a match opens the URL in new background tab regardless of the item configuration.
- Down (or j) cycles through matches forward.
- Up (or k) cycles through matches backward.
- Escape on a match jumps back to the filter field.