Vertical tab management from your side panel with support for tab groups, multiple windows, and much more.
Tab Shelf brings vertical tabs to Chrome via the side panel.
It also includes a variety of tab management features such as selecting tabs to sleep, filtering by tab group and window, moving tabs between tab groups and windows, and editing tab group metadata.
Tab Shelf’s minimalist design and simple user experience make it feel like an integral part of your Chrome browser.
* View, navigate, and manage your tabs, tab groups, and windows from the side panel.
* Use one of 20 colors to make your tab groups standup (compared to the default 9 in the tab bar).
* Filter tabs by windows, your own tab groups, pinned tabs, playing audio, or hostname.
* Search for tabs.
* Quickly create tab groups or move tabs between groups or windows from a selection of tabs (or by dragging and dropping).
* Sleep multiple tabs at one go to save memory.
* Copy multiple tab URLs to your clipboard.
* Supports light and dark mode switching. It also includes options for 20 different accent colors to better match your Chrome theme.
You can launch Tab Shelf in a number of ways:
1. Opening the Chrome side panel via the toolbar button (on the right-hand side, next to your profile button) and selecting Tab Shelf.
2. Pinning the Tab Shelf extension button to the toolbar. This allows you to open Tab Shelf in a single click.
3. Configuring a keyboard shortcut via the Extensions page.
For a more detailed user guide, please visit:
Disclaimer: This extension requires at least Chrome 114 in order for side panel integration to work.
CHANGELOG - v2023.5.2
* Fixed issue with hover tab action for pinning tabs not working.
CHANGELOG - v2023.5.1
* Fixed issue with custom tab group colors not being saved correctly (it always reverted to the related default tab group colors).
* Fixed issue with some site favicons not appearing on tabs.
* Fixed issue with tab context menu items appearing to bleed beyond the menu borders on hover.
CHANGELOG - v2023.5.0
* 20 new tab group color options (replacing the default 9 tab group options). The colors shown in Tab Shelf will be mapped as closely as possible to one of the available 9 tab group colors available for the tab bar.
* 20 accent colors (same as the new tab group colors) options for Tab Shelf to better match your Chrome theme (needs to be manually changed).
* Added "Reload" and "Close other tabs" options to context menu.
* New context menu options to open a new tab above or below a tab group when right-clicking on a tab inside a tab group. This option is disabled by default.
* Tab drag-and-drop are now more consistent and reliable.
* Context menus will show the color of the tab group as the border color.
* Changing the tab group color now is now done via a small popup menu rather than a modal window.
* Tab group creation modal window has been re-organised to emphasise the "Create" button. Pressing the Escape key in the title text field cancels the tab group creation, and pressing Enter will create the group.
* Fixed move to new window and create new group in window options in "Move tab(s) to..." menu option. Previously selected tabs were not being moved to new windows.
* Removed optional deprecated static context menu (used to be shown at the bottom when in edit/selection mode).
* Removed settings options for hiding tab filtering option and for hiding search.