Sync Tab Groups is an easy way to manage all your tabs. You group, organize, search and active them easily.
★ The project is no more maintained ★
Although I used it a lot, I feel less and less need for such an advanced way to manage my tabs. Aside from my full-time job, I have not much time left to put in this project.
Even, if this project ends, I thank all of you that used the extension or helped me to make this extension so great.
The project remains:
- Available: you continue to use it
- Open-source: you are free to fork it or reuse the code
- Firefox: [Simple Tab Groups](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/simple-tab-groups/)
- Actively maintained and with more features
- But no more pinned tabs inside groups and the double window to manage the tabs
- Chrome: nothing I am aware of
If you are curious about the experience of developing an open-source extension, you will enjoy [the article about Sync Tab Groups](https://medium.com/@Morikko/the-story-of-sync-tab-groups-the-web-extension-for-managing-your-tabs-d40ebb1079ec).
Sync Tab Groups is an easy way to manage all your tabs. You organize them depending on a topic by group. Groups can be closed and reopened without caring about your session. Moreover, you can easily search, active, move, save and remove your groups and tabs.
Check the website (https://morikko.github.io/synctabgroups/) for more information (video, explanations, guides...)
★ WHAT IS A GROUP ?
A group has a name and contains many tabs related. It is either displayed in a window. Or closed, and waiting the next time you will use it. You can switch from one to another in your current window or in another window.
★ WHY YOUR BROWSING IS BETTER ?
With your groups, you won't care about stopping a task and focusing on another one. With the possibility to search and activate tabs and groups, you won't lose time to retrieve them.
★ HOW TO USE THEM ?
A popup is usable from anywhere in your browser. It shows your groups and let you do the actions with just few clicks. More than just activating tabs, you can move and close them.
- German (thanks @bitkleberAST)
- Russian (thanks @Александр)
- Spanish (thanks @lucas-mancini)
- Taiwanese Mandarin (thanks @rzfang)
I would gladly accept other translations. Contact me if you are interesting of contributing in this extension. (Mail or Github ("https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups/issues))
You can start easily with the tool provided here: https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups#translation
★ Limitations (Important for not losing data)
- Tabs in closed group are REALLY closed
- Switching to a group, close all the current tabs in the window
- Previous sessions (back button) are lost when closing a group
- Temporary data like forms are lost when closing a group
★ Extension Permissions
- Tabs: Access to your tabs proprieties for saving them among the groups
- Storage: Save your groups on disk for not losing them when quitting
- Notifications: Giving you feedback
- Context Menu: Adding elements on right click on tabs and the extension icon
- Sessions: Find which group is in a window even after restarting Firefox
- Downloads: Save file with your groups for exporting and doing backup
- tabHide: Hiding API (Firefox only)
If you find a bug, please open an issue (https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups/issues) or send me an email.
Thank you all of you for helping me improving and fixing the extension :)