Easily switch between tag management systems, tag manager environments, and switch any string of a network request for anything.
Switchboard is a Google Chrome browser Extension that will ease the day-to-day efforts of working with any tag management system. Product Managers, Developers, and QA teams will also benefit from its power to customize any tag network request.
- On the Adobe side, it will detect your Adobe Launch Property environments so that, while in production, you can switch to them for testing new tag management changes on your website. It does it for Adobe DTM too.
- On the Google side, it will detect your Google Tag Manager embed and flag common implementation issues.
The real magic, however, begins when you can switch any tag network request for anything. With Switchboard you can now troubleshoot, debug, and implement any tag with surgical finesse.
Feature List v1.0
1. Replace any part of a network request URL with any other custom string
2. Manage unlimited custom host URL replacements
3. Flag best practice implementation issues
4. Detect and show the GTM, DTM, or Launch embed codes implemented on the page
5. Switch to DTM staging with a button click
6. Automatically record all environments available in a Launch property when visiting Environment tab in Launch
7. Switch from Launch production environment to saved environment of your website's Launch Property
8. Switch from Launch production environment to any saved environment from any saved Launch Property
9. Notify when new Launch property environments are successfully saved
10. Manage all previously saved Launch profiles and environments
11. Enable Debug option in the developer console for Launch or DTM
It does this all within a beautiful UI split between two tabs:
The Active tab detects what tag manager is implemented on the site, shows you the embed code and, depending on the TMS implemented, will let you seamlessly switch between Production and Development environments.
The Custom tab gives you the power and flexibility to manually switch any part of any individual tag laser-targeted focus.
In its current version, the Active tab only supports Adobe Launch, Adobe DTM, or Google Tag Manager use cases. We are working tirelessly to also support Tealium, and Ensighten. Beyond switching environments, we have incredible tag management implementation features planned. Imagine adding a breakpoint to easily troubleshoot tracking form submissions before the next page loads… That’s a free sneak-peek, and there are more features like this planned for future releases.