The No.1 provider of Safeguarding Solutions in the UKSmoothwall for Education
Smoothwall empowers schools to digitally safeguard the students in their care with next-generation web filtering, firewall, digital monitoring, and classroom management solutions.
Smoothwall solutions are engineered to address the safety and well-being of students, the self-sufficiency needs of teachers, and the cost-efficiency needs of school districts. They are designed to keep our customers one step ahead in the evolving world of digital safety.
Our solutions can be deployed standalone or combined for a complete digital safety provision that’s easy to use and efficient to manage.
Smoothwall Cloud Filter is ideal for school districts who don’t want the burden of maintaining an on-premise filtering appliance. It’s ideal for those wanting to sidestep any throughput problems and eliminate choke issues when filtering data. The Cloud option is optimal for 1:1 environments.
• Extend student protection: Filter all managed devices on or offsite and extend student protection to the home not just in school.
• Faster reporting: Enables faster, investigative reporting than on-premise. Of particular value to customers with large data sets.
• Safe and fast internet access: Eliminate single point of failure for filtered internet access giving intrinsic scalability and reliability.
• Faster installation: Benefit from faster and easier installation as well as more robust user authentication.
• Simplified content filtering: Achieve real-time, content aware filtering without the complexity of man-in-the-middle decryption, certificates or exceptions.
• Full incident reporting: Report on 100% of data and so create a full contextual picture around any safeguard incident.
• Complete user visibility: Achieve complete user visibility with simple authentication of all traffic and all users.
Smoothwall Classroom Manager is designed from the ground up to help busy teachers manage dynamic classrooms. Classroom Manager gives them the control needed to maintain productive learning environments. This crucial classroom tool empowers teachers to be self-sufficient while enabling school districts to improve learning outcomes.
• Regain focus with lock screen: Locking whole or individual screens helps maintain class focus.
• Grid view: Student devices appear as thumbnails in a single screen for easy ‘scan and see’ by the teacher.
• Syncs with Google Classroom: Easy log in with Google ID. Full Google Classroom synchronization removes the need to create classes from scratch.
• Evidencing: Screen snapshots can be taken and saved locally for evidencing purposes.
• Full session control: Allows teachers to manage session times and add or remove students without IT assistance.
• Real-time monitoring of student devices: Real-time monitoring gives teachers immediate visibility when a student goes off track.
• Peer-to-peer architecture: Low impact, innovative, peer-to-peer architecture keeps bandwidth requirements to a minimum.