A taste of Sugar on any device.
The Sugar Learning Platform is a leading learning platform developed for the One Laptop per Child project and used every day by nearly 3 million children around the world. With Sugarizer, you could discover the Sugar Learning Platform from your Chrome browser.
Sugarizer include a bunch of educative activities coming from the Sugar Learning Platform.
Sugarizer is an open source software under Apache 2 licence, source code is available on Github.
Added to activities and features that you enjoyed in beta versions, in this version you will find:
- Login Screen: Secure your connection to the server with a login and an unique password image.
- Journal synchronization: You will never lost your work again. Let's connect to a Sugarizer Server and your journal will be automatically synchronized on the server. So you will retrieve your work on your tablet, browser or laptop in the same state you left it.
- Stability: Hours of testing has been done and tens of issues has been fixed in this version both in Sugarizer core and activities. You will have in your hand the more stable Sugarizer version ever.
- Standalone Server: No need to change settings of your web server to deploy Sugarizer Server. Thanks to nodejs, Sugarizer Server works now as a stand alone server. It's also separated from the Client to simplify deployment and maintenance.
- Dashboard: The ultimate tool to handle a Sugarizer Server deployment is now here. Inspect users, activities, journals and follow more than 10 graphs and indicators (top users, top activities, % active users, average journal size, …) to have a total understanding of what happens on your Sugarizer deployment.
- Security and privacy: With a password image to access to your content, a full HTTPS support and privacy options in settings, your privacy is a top priority in Sugarizer.
- Fototoon activity: The famous Sugar activity is now into Sugarizer. Use your pictures, your drawing or images from Abecedarium database to create in few minutes an amazing comic strip to share with your friends.
- Game of Life activity: A game to observe and explore how cells interacts and evolves generation after generation.
- Flip activity: A simple strategy game where you flip "coins" in order to get all of them with the same side up.
- Activity Development Tutorial: What if you decide to create yourself an activity? In a 4 hours tutorial you will learn all you need to know to explore Sugar UI, Journal, Localization and Presence.