Watch your favourite series on Netflix with filtered subtitles and improve foreign language at the same time.
With Subfilter you can improve your listening skills. Support for more than 20 languages available on Netflix. If you watch series/movies with Subfilter every day you can feel results in 1-2 weeks.
Changes in version 0.5.1
- Fix for recent changes in Netflix UI.
Changes in version 0.5.0
- Pressing Ctrl key or mouseover subtitles, will reveal hidden words
- Introducing different modes of watching
- Normal - default, typical comfortable watching
- Pause (before) - Before every subtitle is video paused. Press 'Space' to continue watching.
- Pause and reveal (after) - After every subtitle is video paused and hidden text is revealed. Press 'B' to repeat last subtitle. Press 'Space' to continue watching.
- Pause, reveal, continue - After every subtitle is video paused, hidden text is revealed and video continue automatically.
- Dialogs only - Watch only dialogs, skip else.
- Download SRT button
Changes in version 0.4.0
- Added filter for Chinese and Japanese
- Added HARDCORE filter (for HARDCORE learners, or just for fun)
- Added general reverse filter (still not sure about this one, but can be useful)
- Added some useful commands accessible from JS console, e.g. subfilter.cmds.dump(), subfilter.cmds.words(), subfilter.cmds.grep(/word/i) - there might be UI in some later version)
- Added tooltip when you hover subtitle contains unfiltered text
- Improved recognition of punctuation (eg. handle correctly question mark in Arabic)
- UI hiding delayed
This extension is based on Subadub extension project of Russel Simmons.
Wiki with instructions: https://github.com/met/subfilter/wiki
Source code: https://github.com/met/subfilter