Adds the ability to split stories into epics and duplicate stories to Pivotal Tracker.
Converts stories with tasks into epics with stories.
- If “Feature Creeps” keep loading up your stories with tasks you can fight back by converting the stories with tasks into epics with individual stories. Any tasks already checked off will be treated as finished stories when converted.
- If you are brainstorming around crucial dates or events you can make them the name of a story and load up the stories with tasks before converting them to epics with stories.
- If stories are too vague or nonfunctional but you don’t want to lose them, simply add in the specific tasks and make the original an epic with the tasks as stories.
- Keep a list of your favorite best practices and feature sets to clone whenever you like, saving time in your brainstorming sessions.
- You will keep the full description along with the name, type, labels, tasks, and even task status.
Even clone Epics.
- Full clusters of activity can be saved as stories with tasks, then duplicated and converted to Epics. That’s as good as it gets since Pivotal won’t let users select epics.
- We’ve tested. Does not slow down your web experience or store personal information.
Update 1.0: Now much less confusing. no token copy-pasting required.
Requires that the "Create New Token" button in your Pivotal Tracker Profile be clicked.
1.1: fixed a bug involving leftover token if the token is refreshed.
1.2: minor bugfixes.
1.3: more minor bugfixes
1.4: Handled a bug likely caused by Pivotal Tracker's new API in beta.
1.5: Name changed from "Pivotal Tracker+" and icon changed so that the app meets the standard of Pivotal Tracker's Third Party Application page.
1.6: Fixed bug that made the "Make Stories into Epics" function not work if there was no tasks under the story. The error was a remnant of the code that existed before development of epics was possible to prevent the accidental deletion of a story, but that "feature" is a bug now, so it was removed
1.7: Install much easier now. Tutorial not needed. Does not support attachments. Duplicate now runs on API v5 and is much faster.
1.8: Added support for other less used tabs for all functions. You can duplicate and make epics out of stories from the "done", "backlog", or "my work" sections in Pivotal.
Additionally, fixes a bug that prevented duplication introduced by a recent change made to the backend interface of Pivotal.
1.9 Added support for PT's new UI. Unfortunately, dashboard internal support has been made very difficult, requiring a button next to the search bar. Also resolved a loading issue that slowed down use of Pivotal Tracker when large amounts of items were copied.
Plans for future development:
I intend to establish full hierarchies with epics; adding a story to an internal epic will include it as part of the epics containing it. It may even be possible to rearrange the hierarchies and shift around all the stories within those epics. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to make that within this application or a separate one, as it's beginning to stretch outside the scope of this ancient project.