StopWatch - and other handy tools
StopWatch is a bit of a Swiss-Army knife of tools I need on occasion (and need to work even when I'm offline), but that I’d prefer took up a limited amount of screen real estate.
In addition to a stopwatch with lap markers, I've included a few other tools:
- Future-Value Calculator: a simple calculator to double-check math I've done in my head when I'm tired. Works four ways; find the future value, find the present value, find the rate or find the number of periods.
- CPI Inflation Calculator: ever wonder how much spending power one of today's dollars had in 1940? The data used in this calculator represents changes in prices of all goods and services for consumption by urban households. This index value has been calculated every year since 1913 and comes from the good folks at www.bls.gov.
- Tip Calculator: again, this is math you can do in your head, but perhaps jet-lag has the best of you and you'd appreciate a little help. Yes, I tip in an odd way, but it works for me. If it works for you, help yourself.
- Magic Number Calculator: how close is your MLB, NBA, NFL or NHL team to closing the deal?
- Body Mass Index Calculator: BMI is a rough attempt to quantify the amount of tissue mass (muscle, fat, and bone) in an individual and then categorize that person as underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese.
I may add more tools as time goes by if this Chrome-app format proves useful.