Take back your web browser.
What's New in 15.6:
• Automatically remove "msclkid" (Microsoft Bing) and "dclid" (Doubleclick) tracking parameter from clicked links
• Improved the "Mouse movement" website option and "All mouse clicks" website options
• The "Textarea" option now affects the "All key presses" option too
• Added a "Disable all options" checkbox to the New Customized Website dialog
• Fixed issues with the "Stop video autoplay" option on cnn.com and youtube.com
• Fixed a bug where "Input maxlength warning" interfered with birthdate entry on lefrecce.it
StopTheMadness stops web sites from making your browser harder to use. And it protects your privacy on the web!
Many web sites disable user interface features in your browser that you normally expect to work. StopTheMadness ensures that those features continue to work for you in Chrome:
∙ opening a link in a new tab
∙ keyboard shortcuts (command-key on Mac, control-key on Windows and Linux)
∙ opening contextual menus
∙ selecting, copying, cutting, and pasting of text
∙ drag and drop
∙ autocomplete of passwords, emails, etc.
With StopTheMadness installed, those annoying web sites that deliberately make your life harder suddenly become easy to use again!
StopTheMadness also protects your privacy on the web:
∙ Stops hyperlink auditing by removing the anchor "ping" attribute on link clicks
∙ Stops tracking beacons (Navigator.sendBeacon) from firing
∙ Removes tracking tags such as utm_source, gclid, and fbclid from links
∙ Stops sites from using the Page Visibility API to know when a tab is visible on your screen
∙ Stop videos from autoplaying
∙ Force links to open in the current tab instead of a new tab by removing target="_blank"
∙ Stops sites from showing "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" alerts when you close a tab or window
∙ Warns when you paste or type beyond the maximum length in a password field or other text field
∙ Stop scrolljacking
StopTheMadness is made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at email@example.com or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/StopTheMadness/support-chrome.html