This extension will track any stock, currency, mutual fund, or index of your choice using the icon badge.
Stock Tracker will fetch the latest real time stock quote and display the price, price change, or percent change as a badge. It fetches the stock quotes from Google Finance. So it supports whatever ticker symbols Google Finance support. It will work with stocks (GOOG), indexes like Dow Jones (.DJI) NASDAQ (.IXIC) S&P 500 (.INX), world markets (HKG:0388,EPA:SAN), mutual funds (VFORX), and even currencies (CURRENCY:USDJPY). If you want to track more than one stock, the badge will switch between the stocks at your specified interval. Or you can install the Extra Icons extensions to display stocks as separate icons.
To find your ticker symbol, just search for it on Google Finance:
If you want to track stocks using multiple icons, make sure you install these Extra Icons extensions:
And go to the options page and select the option to use extra icons extensions.
By default, the popup shows the Google Finance charts. You can also configure this to show a different chart in the options menu.
- Configure with any ticker symbol(s)
- Shows the current price, the price change, or the percent change as a badge
- Shows the ticker symbol on the badge
- Shows closed icon when the market is closed and extend hour icon during after hours and pre-market trading
- Green or red badge depending on the latest price movement
- Shows stock charts or a list of quotes on the popup page
- Track stocks using multiple icons. (New!)
If you have a feature request, please leave a comment below.
Try out my other extension:
Kitco Tracker - http://bit.ly/kitco-tracker