Browse faster with Startab!
Startab is a bookmark manager and new tab replacement designed to make browsing the web easier and more efficient.
✅ Speed: Startab is fast and efficient, so you can quickly access and organize your bookmarks using drag & drop.
✅ Security: Your data never leaves your browser, ensuring that it remains secure and private.
✅ Stylish: Startab provides a modern and stylish experience, so you can enjoy a distraction-free environment while you get things done.
As a company, we are committed to helping people be more productive. We believe that Startab can help people achieve their goals, and we will continue to invest in making Startab even more powerful and helpful.
Furthermore, we provide multiple solutions that integrate well with each other, such as Startab New Tab, to help you focus on what's important.
We value your feedback!
💬 Leave a review
📥 Email us at email@example.com
⭐ Bookmark manager
- Open bookmarks in a window or tab group
- Drag and drop to organize
⭐ Tabs and windows manager
- Drag tabs between windows
- Drag tabs to reorder them
- Close windows
- Group all tabs in a window
⭐ Dark mode that is easier on your eyes and helps you focus
⭐ Customize font, font size, feel
Startab uses React 18 and Material UI for a swift and modern experience.
The code implements the latest standards by following manifest v3. As stated by Google,
“Manifest V3 represents one of the biggest shifts in the extensions' platform since it launched a decade ago. Extensions using Manifest V3 will enjoy enhancements in security, privacy, and performance; […]
Manifest V3 is part of a shift in the philosophy behind how we approach end-user security and privacy.”
v 3.5.7 Separate extensions
- Separate extension in Startab New Tab and Startab Bookmark Manager
- Drag tabs to bookmarks to save them
- Close tabs separately.
v 3.5.6 Intuitive tab groups control, improved UI
- The UI throughout the extension has been improved.
- You can now organize, save, and close your tabs from any page! Just click on Startab’s popup icon on the right of the URL bar.
- When saving windows, new tabs will not be saved.
- When grouping windows, new tabs and tabs that are already in a tab group will not be grouped.
- When saving a window, tab groups are saved as folders.
v 3.5.5 UX rework, drag and drop
- Drag and drop links to reorder them.
- Better control over your windows. You can now open/close windows, drag to reorder and move tabs between windows.
- Startab remembers which navigation menu you opened last.
- Startab remembers which bookmark folder you currently work on and shows it on all new tabs. This achieves a consistent experience and helps you focus on 1 topic.
- Customize Startab. You can now choose font, font size, feel, and time format.
v 3.5.4 New UI, manage tabs
- New minimalistic UI.
- Control your tabs and windows from Startab's popup. Easily find the
window you are looking for and save all tabs for later. Sort by window, tab group, or title.
- Google Calendar timeline of upcoming events
- Your new tab will load faster. Included some light animation as items
- Moving bookmarks and saved sessions is now easier. Create a
new target folder while moving.
- See a list of all your tabs and sort by window, tab group, or title.
- Open a folder of bookmarks in a new window.
v 3.5.3 Manage tabs, better drag & drop
- Drag links & folders into a folder.
- Move links & folders without entering drag mode.
- New feature - manage tabs.
- Edit task title.
- Initial tour for new users.
- Save all tabs with one click on pop-up
v 3.5.2 Group tabs, fix issues
- Opening all folder links groups tabs together. Makes them easier to organize & close from a single window.
- Google events are cached for 1 minute to prevent server overload from refreshing the page.
- Improve 'Add new bookmark' workflow. Better titles, placeholders, etc.
- Fix bug: ctrl/command + click was opening both on a new tab and in the current tab.
- Improved landing page. Check it out on [startab.io](http://startab.io/)
v 3.5.1 Add tasks & events
- Google Calendar integration - see the first 10 events from your Google calendar every time you open a new tab. Cool! Yet, still in Beta. The implementation was more complex than expected and there might be bugs like logging you out. Please report any issues in About or text me.
- Simple To-do list. You can add new tasks and mark them as complete. For now, completed task are deleted, and you can't edit a task.
- Control width of calendar. Allows you to make the layout more symmetrical and aligned.
- Code maintenance and documentation. Converted all files to TypeScript for easier debugging.
- Allowed same day selection in the calendar.Credits: Anna - feedback
Improve tour, better socials
v 3.5.0 Link to Socials
- Better buttons to our socials.
- Fix initial tour issues.
- Small UI improvements.
- Better search, fix issues
v 3.4.9 Search Suggestions & Layout
- Show search suggestions when typing a query.
- Adjust the font size of the clock by increasing/decreasing its height.
- Improve link/folder hover effect.
- Fix layout issues.