Stack Exchange Notifier is a handy extension that displays your current reputation, badges on selected Stack Exchange sites.
Stack Exchange Notifier is a handy extension for Chrome that displays your current reputation, badges on Stack Exchange sites and notifies you of reputation changes. Also, you will get notified of comments on your own posts (questions and answers) that are not older than 1 year and of any comments that refer to you by @username in a comment, even if you do not own the post (aka mentions).
All StackExchange sites are supported.
Stack Exchange Notifier uses the Stack Exchange API and is powered by Google App Engine for Java.
Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/se_notifier
Stack Exchange is a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites. This extension is not affiliated with StackExchange.com in Any Way.
I will be porting extension to not use Google App Engine back-end due to some limitations from API side. New versions of the extension will be making direct calls to Stack Exchange API right from your browser. Please do not expect new versions of the extension any time soon. Sorry.
Read more about limitations here http://stackapps.com/questions/1713 and here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3949815
Currently, you may sometimes experience some issues using extension, but most users will have no problems. You may notice too many errors in the logs, but there is nothing I can do with this now. thanks to all of you for using my little app.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Thursday, October 14, 2010
- Bug fix release (back-end improvements)
Version 184.108.40.206 - Thursday, October 07, 2010
- Bug fix release (high rate of API errors were noticed so code added to handle them)
Version 220.127.116.11 - Tuesday, October 05, 2010
- Mostly bug fix release, back-end performance improvements
- You will now get notified of comments on your own posts (questions and answers) that are not older than 1 year and of any comments that refer to you by @username in a comment, even if you do not own the post (aka mentions). This is experimental feature, let me know if you like/need it.
- New 'All sites' view displays all websites from Stack Exchange network (part of new feature that is not finished yet)
Version 1.2.9 - Saturday, September 25, 2010
- Fixes an issue when some users got empty Account view.
- When hovering on @Username on account view the title now displays '@Username on @SiteName' to easily understand the site name (reported here http://bit.ly/bexPwp)
Version 1.2.8 - Wednesday, September 22, 2010
- Fixed an issue with serialization error when extension not yet updated on new version available.
Version 1.2.7 - Wednesday, September 22, 2010
- Fixed an issue with notifications.
- Minor improvements
Version 1.2.5 - Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- Fixed an issue where some characters in response payload raised an exception when parsing to JSON.
Version 1.2.3 - Sunday, September 19, 2010
- Support for OpenID providers was added (Yahoo, MyOpenID, AOL)
- UI and error handling improvements
- Several minor defects were fixed
Version 1.2.2 - Thursday, September 16, 2010
- New types of notifications added. Now extension notifies you on comments that are directed to you. Comments are expandable, so clicking on comment title will expand height to accommodate all available text.
- UI and error handling improvements
Application still in beta stage. I hope you're not having any problems, but if you are, please let me know. Leave your feedback and bug reports in comments. I'm available at: vladjan (at) gmail.com
I'm working on adding new features.
I want to hear from the users and incorporate as much feedback as possible into the extension. Any suggestions for improvements/features to add?
TODO for Version 1.3
Configurable notifications of new questions on Stack Exchange network sites.
"Remember me" checkbox in the login page
Make an option view to allow you to configure the extension to fit your needs:
- an option to default to notifications rather than account
- play notification sound
- show desktop notifications ?