Add keyboard shortcuts to control playback in Spotify Web.
Adds the following default keyboard shortcuts to open.spotify.com:
Play/Pause media key: play, pause
Previous media key: previous track
Next media key: next track
There is no default shortcut, but you can also bind keys for:
Toggle repeat (once, all, disabled)
Toggle song like
Volume up / down / mute
Seek backward and forward in both songs and podcasts
You can customize these shortcuts and make them global hotkeys (not just while Chrome is in focus) by opening chrome://extensions/shortcuts.
Warning: Chrome/Chromium is known to not correctly register hotkeys after you've changed them in chrome://extensions/shortcuts. Please restart your browser by visiting chrome://restart after changes to shortcuts/hotkeys if you experience issues.
This extension relies on the HTML/CSS structure of the website. Spotify might break it by changing their frontend. Please report issues by clicking on the Support link.
* Version 1.3.1: Add new shortcut that either opens Spotify or cycles through home, search and queue pages. Add "interaction required" warning dialog.
* Version 1.2.1: Fix volume slider not working.
* Version 1.2.0: Make seek shortcuts work for songs as well as podcasts
* Version 1.1.0: Add shortcuts for volume up / down / mute.
* Version 1.0.0: Migrate to Manifest V3 so the extension remains functional after 2022. Add a workaround for the "Spotify Lyrics" third-party extension.
* Version 0.6.2: Fix many broken buttons caused by a revamp of the toolbar design.
* Version 0.6.1: Fix broken "like".
* Version 0.6.0: Add short on-click animation; add Podcast seek shortcuts; fix broken "repeat" button.
* Version 0.5.1: Add translations.
* Version 0.5.0: Fix broken "repeat".
* Version 0.4.0: Fix broken "next", "like", "repeat" and "shuffle".
* Version 0.3.0: Fix broken "play/pause" and "next".