Add keyboard shortcuts to control playback in Spotify Web.
Adds the following default keyboard shortcuts to open.spotify.com:
Play/Pause media key: play, pause
Previous media key: previous track
Next media key: next track
There is no default shortcut, but you can also bind keys for:
Toggle repeat (once, all, disabled)
Toggle song like
Seek Podcast backward and forward
You can customize these shortcuts and make them global hotkeys (not just while Chrome is in focus) by opening chrome://extensions/shortcuts.
Warning: Chrome/Chromium is known to not correctly register hotkeys after you've changed them in chrome://extensions/shortcuts. Please restart your browser by visiting chrome://restart after changes to shortcuts/hotkeys if you experience issues.
This extension relies on the HTML/CSS structure of the website. Spotify might break it by changing their frontend. Please report issues by clicking on the Support link.
* Version 1.0.0: Migrate to Manifest V3 so the extension remains functional after 2022. Add a workaround for the "Spotify Lyrics" third-party extension.
* Version 0.6.2: Fix many broken buttons caused by a revamp of the toolbar design.
* Version 0.6.1: Fix broken "like".
* Version 0.6.0: Add short on-click animation; add Podcast seek shortcuts; fix broken "repeat" button.
* Version 0.5.1: Add translations.
* Version 0.5.0: Fix broken "repeat".
* Version 0.4.0: Fix broken "next", "like", "repeat" and "shuffle".
* Version 0.3.0: Fix broken "play/pause" and "next".