Search through active tabs and jump to the result. The search interface is completely navigable by keyboard.
Spot is a Chrome search extension which allows you to search through active tabs and jump to the result using your keyboard or mouse.
The search interface is designed to be navigable by keyboard using the Chrome Omnibox feature. The Omnibox feature is basically your location bar with a special keyword bound to the spot plugin, for the spot plugin this is _tab_
* MAJOR UPDATE! Plugin rewritten to take advantage of the Chrome Omnibox interface, see description above and/or in the plugins popup after install for instructions.
[What's new in version 0.91]
* Minor bug fix release, disabled to shortcut to open the search popup as it was causing odd behavior when visiting sites.
In the next release this functionality will be replaced by the new omnibox support
[What's new in version 0.9]
* Made shortcut code less 'greedy'
* Added extra ctrl key action for search result items.
For focussed items in the (tabs) result list you can now click and hold the
ctrl key, this will make the item flash indicating there's an extra action available. When holding the ctrl key and then hitting enter the extra action will be executed, closing the tab incase of a tab result item.
When an item doesn't flash no extra action is available
[What's new in version 0.8]
* Fixed bug where popup shortcut in some pages failed to work (<ctrl> .)
[What's new in version 0.7]
* The tab results are now sorted by relevance as aposed to first-come-first-show
* The distribution is now only 51K as aposed to 253K
Icons thanks to http://www.bravebox.nl
I hope you enjoy it. For bug reports and suggestions leave a comment here or on the website
I'm actively developing this plugin so for the latest updates follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/ttcremers