Identify an Email as Spoofed Email based on Email header information
This is an extension which can be used to detect whether the email is from the sender that it represents or not. It detects spoofed, anonymous, fake Emails received on G-mail. It basically checks an email as spoofed email based on the email header information.
The utility is only available over Gmail currently. To check an email as spoofed you need to follow these steps:
1. Open an email in Gmail. On the right side where you find various options such as print etc. you will find an option show original. Click on that.
2. The extension will read header information from the email and let you know if the email is coming from an authentic sender or not by displaying a message box with the information it perceived.
1. Authentic: High: This means one or more checks are completely passed for deciding authenticity of the email.
2. Authenticity: Less than normal, Normal, We are unsure: This message comes when certain conditions are passing for ensuring authenticity of email but at the same time not completely to decide it completely genuine.
3. Probably spoofed: when major test cases are failing for the received email to declare it coming from authentic sources.
However the extensions does not refer any other information apart from what present in received email for deciding over email authenticity and hence might not give cent percent guarantees in detection at certain exceptional cases.
This is a very secure extension and is completely offline. It never stores data of any your tabs neither stores any of your web browsing activity even on your system. A complete safer and securer chrome browser extension to detect spoofed, anonymous and fake emails on Gmail.
Please report issues if any.