Tired of reading? Select text you want to read and listen to it. SpeakIt converts text into speech so you no longer need to read.
SpeakIt reads selected text using Text-to-Speech technology with language auto-detection. It can read text in more than 50 languages.
- First select the text you want it to read.
- Then click the icon to start listening.
- When it is ready to read, the number of sentences is shown on the icon.
- To stop listening at any time click pause
- If you are interested in localizing SpeakIt! on your native language you can do it by translating this short file http://goo.gl/PH2tf and pushing directly on github or sending the localized file at: email@example.com All contributors will be added on special page.
- After installation you may need to restart Chrome so SpeakIt can function correctly
- This extension uses Google and iSpeech text-to-speech service. Please visit http://goo.gl/OOVgp to see if it is accessible to you.
- don't work on some encrypted web pages ( https:// ) and Chrome web store
New in v 0.2.4:
- Switched to Chrome lang detect API due to Google translate API has been deprecated (SpeakIt now detect input language by language of whole page not only selected text :( :( )
- Improved how SpeakIt! splits sentences, now it stops on right places and pronunciation is much better.
- Added internationalization support. SpeakIt! is now localized on 12 languages.
- Fixed some small bugs
New in v 0.2.3:
- Implemented new Chrome TTS API
- Added offline (native) TTS support
- Added feature to add and configure new TTS engines/voices
- Fixed some bugs
New in v 0.2.2:
- Added keyboard shortcut support
- Added context menu support
- Added new features in options page
- Fixed some bugs
New in v 0.2.1:
- Added Speech Input feature ( Speech to Text ) enable from options
- Changed User Graphical Interface, SpeakIt now use Zen audio player which i hope you will like it ;)
- Fixed lot of bugs that caused previous version of SpeakIt to end in middle of reading
- Added Options feature
- Added donations button ( can be hidden from options menu )
Any comments, suggestions and critics are welcomed you can contact me on twitter @SkechBoy
If you like the extension please rate it.