SP Insider (SPI) for Chrome is a free SharePoint Discovery tool for Developers and supports SharePoint Online/Office 365, 2016 and…
SP Insider (SPI) for Chrome is a free SharePoint Discovery tool for Developers and supports SharePoint Online/Office 365, 2016 and 2013. It runs in read-only mode so you can investigate your SharePoint Sites and explore SharePoint object properties without risking making any accidental changes. It runs standalone in the browser and doesn't need anything to be installed on the server.
To use SP Insider:
1. Add it to the the browser
2. Login to your SharePoint Site. You can navigate to a sub-site if you want to investigate that.
3. Once your site is loaded in the browser launch SharePoint Insider from the Chrome browser toolbar.
Note: If you are already on SharePoint then reload the SharePoint page after installing the extension
Now you can
1. Explore and investigate Sharepoint sites, libraries, lists, items, features, columns, content types, pages, users, groups and plus a lot more
2. View the REST requests and JSON data.
3. Open a SharePoint location in a new browser tab
Benefits and use cases
1. No need to install/run .exe on client machine or server
2. Mac users can use it in Chrome too
3. Single sign-on experience
4. Explore, Investigate and Browser- unified experience
6. Tell us any other benefits/use you see, would love to hear
Have some fun SPIng on your SharePoint Site!
Note: SPI has just been released so there might be some issues, please report to us if you find any and we will try to fix asap. Also if you have any feedback then we will love to hear that.
Also check our other free chrome extension 'FlyView for SharePoint and Office 365 Sites' for business users and administrators (developers can use it too!)
Aurora Bits Team