Code intelligence for your code host and code reviews: hovers, documentation, definitions, and references in files, PRs, and diffs
The Sourcegraph extension adds code intelligence to GitHub and other code hosts: hovers, documentation, definitions, and references in files, pull requests, and diffs.
The source code for this extension is open source (MIT): https://github.com/sourcegraph/browser-extensions.
It works automatically for open-source code in 19 languages on GitHub.com. To use it with your private code on GitHub.com, GitHub Enterprise, Bitbucket Server, or Phabricator, see https://about.sourcegraph.com/docs/features/browser-extension.
Try it out on these open-source code files after installation:
* Go: https://github.com/gorilla/mux/blob/master/mux.go
* Java: https://github.com/google/guava/blob/master/guava/src/com/google/common/collect/ImmutableList.java
* TypeScript: https://github.com/angular/angular/blob/master/modules/%40angular/benchpress/src/reporter/console_reporter.ts
* Python: https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition/blob/master/examples/facerec_on_raspberry_pi.py
Here's what people are saying about Sourcegraph:
- "It's already my favorite online doc tool. give it a try" - @edapx
- "Sourcegraph has been quickly moving up in priority in my Chrome bookmarks. You need to check out this tool." - @goinggodotnet
- "Loving Sourcegraph.com to find documentation and real code examples" - @IndianGuru
- "Being able to search actual open source code is amazing. Very very fast as well! Sourcegraph is blowing my mind right now." - @joshtaylor
- "Sourcegraph is amazing" - Jakub W.
- "Sourcegraph is an essential tool for every Gopher." - @nimolix
- "Impressive #golang code navigation by Sourcegraph!" - @francesc