Translate selected text using keyboard shortcuts with Google Translate. Fast and simple web translation.
This is a handy extension for those who don't want to spend extra time translating unfamiliar words or sentences in a foreign language while surfing the internet.
You might read an article, post or write a letter and some times you need to find a definition of a certain text that is written in a foreign language, or simply to listen how to pronounce selected text without taking too much actions.
Sonic Translate is an extension that helps you to achieve and improve your knowledge along with Google Translate in easy, simple and convenient way.
No extra clicks. Just select text and use your desired keyboard shortcuts to get the results.
You have two ways of getting translation results:
* Popup - translation will be shown in a compact popup window, near the select text.
Default keyboard shortcut: Control + e
* Advanced panel - an expanded frame that is attached to the bottom of the browser window, which contains full information about the selected subject (translation, definitions, examples, synonyms).
Default keyboard shortcut: Shift + e
The extension has an option page which allows you to do the following:
- Change translation language (From / To). The source language (From) can be set to auto-detected.
- Set custom keyboard shortcuts for both, Popup and Advanced panel translation.
- Change default speakers for various languages which is used to pronounce selected text.
- An additional option, to be able to hear the pronunciation at the time of translation.