Schedule your Google Voice™ SMS text messages to be sent in the future!
For the power-users and those who love using Google Voice! Ever run into that situation when you want to remind your friend to pick up the milk, or send someone happy birthday at a certain time? Well now you can.
Still a work in progress, so feedback, constructive comments, or code contributions are welcome! https://github.com/carlinyuen/GoogleVoiceSmsTextScheduler
This free (and ad-free) extension adds basic functionality to the Google Voice web page, letting you schedule your SMS text messages so you can send them at any point in the future AS LONG AS you don't go over Google's sending limits. Schedule texts to your friends for birthdays, holidays, or maybe just to remind them or yourself about something later!
P.S. Would love it if you could email me with feature requests and review the extension fairly based on how it matches up with its described features. Thanks!
- Schedule messages to multiple recipients at any point in time in the future (up to 5 recipients, limit is imposed by Google Voice)!
- Messages displayed right on the Google Voice page, where you can remove or send them immediately.
- Get desktop notifications when a scheduled message is sent out.
- Messages are local to your browser on your computer (working on sync feature).
- Requires user to be logged into Google Voice for messages to be sent in the background, have an active internet connection, and computer turned on.
- Requires user to send the SMS messages through the Google Voice website, sending limits may be imposed by Google Voice's service (ex. you can't send to more than 5 recipients at a time, you can only send so many messages over a time period).
- SMS is only available for accounts with a Google Number, and unavailable in voicemail only accounts.
Trademark & Branding Notice:
I am not affiliated with Google nor is this a Google sponsored product. This extension may break if Google Voice changes their API calls at any time. Google Voice is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- Adding highly requested feature of time in non-military / per locale.
- Added feature request link.
- Cleaned up some code.
- Adding show/hide feature to scheduled messages panel, with persisted user preference.
- Added unlimited storage into permissions so users can schedule as many messages as they like.
- Added better error handling and showing # of scheduled messages in header.
- Added first install script injection and extension update notifications / page refresh prompt.
- Adding better notifications support, user feedback, and less resource-intensive check for account key to make sure sending works.
- Took out syncing feature. Needs further testing.
- Converted error popups to crouton banners.
- Added periodic checks for GV account key.
- Added better error handling support, warnings if Google Voice account key can't be read
- Added feedback link
- Added lock system to prevent multiple texts sent with synced browsers
- Added better notifications support, reduced resource load for checking account key.
- Added checks for account key and put in error messages and disable interface when user cannot send messages.
- Fixed bug with texts on display not being removed from list after being sent.
- Cleaned up some code.
- Fixed bug with IDs not being unique.
- Added keyboard navigation and changed up position of schedule button with calendar.