Speed reading extension to increase your reading speed (beta).
Increase your reading speed and prevent reading regressions by using this app to guide your reading and keep a consistent pace.
Reading regressions are when the same text is re-read by the reader to comprehend the text and are common when reading but are preventable by guiding your reading. Guided reading can increase reading speeds by up to 20 percent initially.
With books a finger can be used to guide reading. With reading large amounts of text online, it is more difficult to use your finger to guide the text and so this extension is useful in helping guide your reading and measure your reading speed.
On-screen graphs indicate to you how many words you are reading and how long it is taking as well as showing the number of words per minute read over time.
Two modes are available for reading - Arrow Image Guiding and Text Highlighting. Various options allow pauses after each line, stopping after a set time, and scrolling. An on-screen display gives the current reading time, word count and words per minute.
Highlight your text and right-click and select to read or start reading using a keyboard shortcut key combination. Press space to pause.
- Added option to remove highlight of reading text
- Added ability to set percentage of screen that text is scrolled at (eg. 10% is near top of screen, 90% is near bottom of screen, default is 50% at middle)
- Fixed issue with reading speed changing randomly due to anchors in the text
- Fixed another issue with anchors
- Fixed display issue with popup showing NaN for WPM of 0
- Fixed Popup size
- Fixed various issues with text selection
- Added Smiley and Nyan guided reading awesomeness
- Fixed z-index issue for guide arrows
- Fixed text box size in options
- Added grey-out background for more focused reading