YouTube Optimizer/Enhance. Provides 'Smart Buffer' for slow connections; auto loop; buffer preferences; quality selection; and more
SmartVideo provides better control over YouTube buffering, quality and playing options.
1. Works with all embedded/HTML5 YouTube videos. Be it a Facebook news feed video or a video directly from YouTube site.
2. With global preferences, all YouTube videos can be set to start on your wish.
- As soon as the page loads
- When the video is buffered completely, or whatever buffer percentage you choose.
- Let SmartVideo decide when it's good to start playing. SmartVideo's 'smart buffer' decides the buffer percentage based on your current download speed.
- Or just make the YouTube videos to start buffering when the page loads. You can play the video whenever you wish.
3. Along with above buffer strategies, you can opt not to initialize video until you click on it.
4. The buffer strategy can be set for individual YouTube player or as the Global preferences. Just hover your mouse over any YouTube video.
5. Calculates time left before the video starts playing. (Hover the mouse over the YouTube video)
6. Once a video is buffered as desired, notifications (sound and/or desktop notification) can be raised instead of playing the video.
7. SmartVideo can default the video quality based on your preference.
8. 'Loop' option on all YouTube videos.
9. Separate preferences for embedded, 'on youtube.com' videos and playlists.
10. Enable/disable 'switching to HD on fullscreen' option.
Contact me at:
All kinds of feedback are welcome. :)
Change log (v 0.94):
1. Added support for HTML5 videos (finally :) ).
2. Support for iframe embedded videos.
3. Added a new buffer strategy to stop video initialization unless user clicks on the video.
Change log (v 0.93):
1. Localization support.
2. UI for the popup changed.
3. Bug fix. Thanks to Gabriel and many others for providing info on issues and helping me debug it.
Quality selection is not available for HTML5 videos.