Document SSOs, collect CIWQS data, make defensible estimations, track required reporting, store SOP & forms, communicate instantly.
SMART Response is the only mobile app on the market that sewer crews can use to collect and communicate information, make volume calculations, determine required regulatory reporting, and more when responding to Sanitary Sewer Overflows. SMART Response is a cloud-based tool that helps field crews:
• Collect, in the field, information required by CIWQS (California Integrated Water Quality System)
• Transmit information, including photos and video, to supervisors and managers at their desks
• Determine accurate and defensible SSO volume estimates with supporting photographic and video evidence
• Record statements with incident witnesses and emergency responders
• Collect and transmit, in real time, information the agency’s claims adjustors need to rapidly respond to sewer backups impacting private property
• Quickly determine what regulatory notifications may be required
• Have a reference source for safety topics, SOPs and more!
SMART Response was developed by engineers and wastewater professionals and reviewed by regulators so you can rest assured that you are capturing the right information, making accurate calculations and performing the required notifications.
• Google Maps (set map by current location or typed entry)
• GPS coordinates
Easy data entry:
• Checkbox lists that mirror CIWQS entry options
• Audio recording entry (an alternative to typing!)
• Date/time pickers
• SSO Category determination (just answer yes/no questions!)
• Record information from multiple backups resulting from a single SSO
• Intuitive navigation
• Six built-in volume estimation methods
• Fields to enter user-defined custom calculation methods
• Sketch pad for drawing ponded sewage for area calculations
• Automatic calculations
• Unlimited photo upload
• Unlimited video upload
Multiple output formats
• Store unlimited reference materials including documents, photos and video
• Pre-loaded with safety topics such as confined space, lockout/tagout, and traffic control
• Install SMART Response on multiple devices
• Users can access same agency data regardless of which type of device they are using
• Work online or enter data offline and upload when back online
SMART Response’s reporting page is designed for agencies reporting to the California State Water Resources Control Board, but the app is an effective tool for wastewater agencies everywhere that need to quickly and accurately collect information about SSOs and backups, calculate volume estimations, store photo/video documentation, and access procedure documents.
SMART Response is free for unlimited downloads when your agency signs up for a subscription at: